April 30, 2014

My Guilty Pleasures

I have the flu for five days now and on top of that I also have sinusitis, thus no concentration to really read and review anything. Since I still want to post something, I thought: why not write about reading guilty pleasures?

1. Fan Fiction

Even though I have so much to read already, I tend to get distracted by fan fiction. Usually, it's quite awful, but there are some really great writers in the fan fiction community. Some writer of who I believe could be amazing published writers. Nowadays I only really read Teen Wolf fan fiction. I am completely in love with Stiles and Derek, because their dynamics is great. I always am amazed what writers can do with these characters, especially in AU (alternate universe) settings. So yeah, I love me some fan fiction.

2. Famous Characters

I regularly get let down by famous characters, but I can never help it: I just love them. (Maybe because one day I would like to run into one of my idols, fall in love and live happily ever after). But one thing I like even more, if one of the main characters actually hates the famous character before meeting. I love me some enemies to lovers fiction (which actually might be a guilty pleasure on its own). An example of one of the 'Famous Characters' books that I actually like is Forever My Girl by Heidi McLaughlin, though it's been a while back and I should really re-read it (and the others in the series).

3. Bad Boys

Ah, who doesn't love a bad boy. A tattooed guy with a scruff and someone you know is bad for you, but you love him anyway... This really is a major guilty pleasure of mine. And I think I can list many books with a bad boy character that I liked. What I especially love is when you have a guy that has a bad boy exterior, but is just this geeky guy on the inside. Those are actually the best. I also think that the bad boy tend to go hand in hand with the famous characters. Well, at least for me that is. But in all honesty: give me a bad boy and I am happy.


4. Guys With Kids

Who doesn't love sweet and caring guy? You know which guys usually are the sweetest and most caring? Guys with kids! (okay, no always true, but most of the time, yes). I just has something that I love. Especially the bad boys (there I go again, always mixing the guilty pleasures) who then turn out to be great and loving dads. Oh, my heart already hurts just thinking about it. I really want to read something now, even though my head can't take it!

What are your guilty pleasures? Do you have similar ones or do you have completely different guilty pleasures? Please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com